To have a better understanding, diagnosing and healing, we need to pay attention to the several breast cancer types.
These are some of the subtypes of the invasive carcinoma. They can have a prognostic better than the invasive ductal carcinoma.
• Adenoid cystic carcinoma
• Metaplastic carcinoma (most types)
• Medullary carcinoma – generally affects younger women, can be associated to predisposing mutations to cancer
• Mucinous carcinoma – generally in women after menopause.
• Papillary carcinoma – frequently associated to CDIS, generally with good prognosis.
• Tubular carcinoma – generally less aggressive.
Normally, they are all treated as invasive ductal carcinoma, but it can be extended:
• Carcinoma is a type of cancer that starts on the skin or tissues. There are many carcinoma subtypes, including adenocarcinoma, basal cells carcinoma, squamous cells carcinoma and transition cells carcinoma.
• Sarcoma is a cancer type that starts on the bone, cartilage, fat, muscle, blood vessels or another conjunctive or supportive tissue.
• Leukemia is a type of cancer that starts on the blood production tissue, such as the bone marrow, and provokes many abnormal cells in the blood and going into the blood stream.
• Lymphoma and Myeloma are cancer types thatstart in the immunologic system cells.
• Central Nervous System cancers are types of cancer that start in the brain tissues and spinal cord.
Inflammatory breast cancer
Inflammatory breast cancer is the most aggressive kind of cancer. The patient presents the breast skin red and swollen, increasing of the local temperature, and may present or not a mass or node that can be palpated. The nipple can be inverted, axillary ganglion can increase volume. Generally, they occur in younger women.
Male breast cancer
Men can also have breast cancer. However, they represent less than 1% of total cases. The breast cancer in men is diagnosed based on an alteration observed by the patient himself, since there is no tracking for breast cancer in men.
The tumor types can be the same described for women.
When the man observes any breast alteration, such as palpable node, pain, swell, redness, something coming out of the nipple or another abnormal symptom, he should look for a doctor (mastologist or oncologist).
Care, look, observe and touch is not only for women, it is for the human beings. Care, look, observe, touch yourself!